Wednesday, May 2
1:00 – 2:45 p.m.
Buyouts Insider returns to InterGrowth for its third straight year for a special seminar featuring some of the top LPs in the country sharing the latest trends, and dos and don’ts of fundraising. Middle-market GPs will find this revealing and honest behind-the-scenes look at the word of LPs both beneficial and fascinating. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity.
Speakers to be announced soon.
An Overview of the Middle-Market Fundraising Climate
Hear from a leading LP on what the current lay of the land in fundraising looks like.
Which Funds Are Getting Raised Now And Why?
This year, the return of Vista Equity Partners and other mega-shops to the fundraising market raises a host of questions. How much oxygen will be left for firms with less lofty targets? Are institutional investors still interested in sub-$500 million buyouts with narrow industry focuses? Do LPs still want to identify promising independent sponsors and spin-out groups? The panel of investors and advisers will discuss where institutional investors are placing their bets this year.
- David Almodovar | Principal, GCM Grosvenor Private Markets
- Zachary Jackson | Vice President, QIC
- Whit Matthews | Senior Investment Manager, Aberdeen Standard Investments
Roadshow Dos And Don’ts
Buyout firms heading out to raise capital face a number of challenges. These include deciding whether to hire a placement agent, identifying prospects, figuring out who to take on the road show, and preparing for investor meetings. This panel goes over best practices developed by industry experts.
- Allen J. Latta, CFA, CAIA | Managing Director, Campton Private Equity Advisors
- Kee Tilghman Rabb | Partner, Private Advisors
- Jamie L. Schumacher | Associate Investment Analyst – Equities, COUNTRY Financial
Next-Level Diligence: The Real Reasons Why LPs Pick and Pass On Funds
Ever wonder why an investor took five meetings with you, yet still turned you down? You’re not going to get the low-down from the investors themselves, but this panel of investors and advisers has no filter. They’ll share the hard truth of why some fund managers get a commitment and why others get passed over.
- David N. Hartford | Partner, Calibrium AG
- Dan LeMoine | Principal, Brooke Private Equity Associates
- Don Vollum | Managing Partner, Vista Ridge Capital Partners